|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||March 28, 2019|
Job Title ; Health Check Nurse
Department ; Health Check
Reports to ; Director of Nursing
Date ; 2019
Overall Purpose of Job
We will provide exceptional patient care in an environment where quality, respect, caring and compassion are at the center of all we do.
The Nurse Health Screening Programme functions in the role of clinician and educator in the programme.
The role of nurse is based on autonomy of practice, in-depth theoretical nursing knowledge, and clinical expertise.
The Health Check Programme will be a unit within the hospital that will utilise other clinical departments to collect the data in order to perform a health screen for the client. The clinic is a consultant led service with a nurse clinical lead, nursing and administration support.
Key Responsibilities and Deliverables
- The post holder will be familiar with and adhere to The Professional Scope of nursing and midwifery Practice Framework (NMBI 2015).
- The nurse will be required to provide excellent client centered care to all client/patients who attend the Health Screening programme.
- The Nurse will be required to work autonomously in providing specialist assessment, advice and management for client & patients who present to the programme.
- Communicates and liaises with GPs and consultants and relevant departments as required.
- Communicating of client & patient history and tests results to the consultant.
- Performs specific tests for the client including but not limited to audiology, smear test, phlebotomy, ophthalmology testing, incentive spirometry and ECG.
- Adheres to internal controls and protocols established for the department.
- Maintains patient's privacy and confidentiality of information and records at all times.
- Ensures client & patients receive individualised care appropriate to their needs.
- Educates client & patient on lifestyle changes that may be required.
- Utilises the nursing process (Assess, plan, Implement and evaluate) as it applies to clinical practice, education, competency validation and program development.
- Participates in ongoing clinical and quality programmes.
- Delivers care within a specified timeframe.
- Responsible to keep up to date in relevant competencies specific to the role.
- Be involved in the research and development of health screening.
- Participates in the development and re-assessment of the business model as required.
- Ensures medical record management is adhered to and monitored.
- Ensures Quality and client safety in all aspects or care provided ensuring JCI compliance.
- The timely identification and communication of any issues to the Director of Nursing
- Effective management of complaints and monitoring of all risk management processes.
- Maintaining an effective interdisciplinary communication processes.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains professional appearance at all times.
- Complies with Hospital procedures as outlined in the employee handbook.
- All employees are expected to remain flexible to meet the needs of the hospital, which may include floating to other departments to assist as the patient needs fluctuate.
NMBI Registered General Nurse licence in good standing.
Nursing with at least 3 years’ experience, practice nurse skills preferred.
Competencies and Knowledge
Knowledgeable in Health Promotion.
Act as client & patient advocate.
Works within and understands his or her scope of practice.
Nursing care provided will be based on evidence and up to date research.
Excellent interpersonal skills.
Evidence of professional development.
Skills in physically assessing a client, Advanced Health Assessment Module desirable.
Problem solving and critical thinking.
Develop and maintain effective relationships with medical and administrative staff, the clients and any other relevant people or bodies.
Work on their own initiative with problem solving techniques in the decision making process.
Excellent computer skills
Willingness to expand role
Commitment to continuing professional development
All posts in Beacon Hospital require a high level of flexibility to ensure the delivery of an effective and efficient service. Therefore, the post holder will be required to demonstrate flexibility as and when required by their manager or hospital management.