|at ( view profile)|
|Location||North Dublin, Ireland|
|Date Posted||January 11, 2018|
Daffodil Care Services is now seeking to recruit a Social Care Worker for a residential centre based in North Dublin. As one of the Daffodil Care Services national network of registered children’s residential centres, this centre provides numerous programmes to help young people address the major concerns in their lives and preparation for independent living.
As a full time Social Care Worker you will be responsible for the day-to-day activities in the unit and work in close collaboration with the Social Care Leader and Centre Manager in creating and maintaining a warm, accepting and secure environment for the young people and to ensure the highest possible standards of care are maintained at all times. You will play a key role in the delivery of a therapeutic residential service. This will be achieved by providing frontline care to young people and developing and maintaining professional relationships with care staff as well as young people and their families.
Other key responsibilities will include:
· Promotion and Practice of Daffodil Care Services organisational values and statement of purpose and function in line with the National Standards governing the provision of care in Children’s Residential Centres.
· Programme Development, placement plans and personal care plans in partnership with the young people, family and other relevant parties
· Taking the lead on shift with Relief Social Care Workers and to ensure team carry out allocated tasks in competent and professional manner
· Liaising with and work in partnership with other colleagues and professionals within outside agencies to achieve best possible outcomes
· Under the guidance of the Social Care Leader/Centre Manager, participating in the completion of Review Reports and to act as an advocate for the young person within Review meetings
· Completing and maintaining administrative records relating to young people
The successful candidate will possess:
· A qualification at degree level on the National Framework of Qualifications in Social Care, Social Work, Youth Work Qualification (or other relevant discipline)
· Proven track record of working within a young people’s residential unit
· Personal attributes of positivity, flexibility and problem solving attitude as well as empathy and maturity are essential
· A current full clean Driving Licence prior to commencement of employment
If you would like to be a part of our team that has a track record in developing therapeutic services and providing unrivalled career development opportunities for our staff, then Daffodil Care Services could be the career move you are looking for.
To apply for this role please email your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Niamh on 0818 903 984 for further information.