|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Gorey, Co. Wexford, Ireland|
|Date Posted||February 6, 2018|
Job Reference :
Job Type :
Full Time Social Care Manager
5 years post grad experience, 2 years managerial
Applied Social Studies Degree
As a Social Care Manager you will be responsible for the management of this residential centre and for leading a team of social care workers and leader. Working closely with the Director of Services you will also be responsible for the modelling, leading, development and promotion of professional social care that delivers positive outcomes for young people and their families.
Other key responsibilities will include:
· Promotion and Practice of Daffodil Care Services organisational values and statement of purpose and function in line with the National Standards governing the provision of care in Children’s Residential Centres.
· Provision of professional supervision to the Care Team and ongoing mentoring of the Centre staff.
· To role model child-centred practice to both staff and young people.
· Monitoring and supporting individual care plans within this therapeutic service ensuring needs are addressed and communicating and assisting parents and families in a professional manner.
· Financial management of the unit and for each service user.
· Participation in planning, development and evaluation of services as required and which will enhance the future of the Service as a whole
· Representing Daffodil Care Services at external events and liaising with organisations such as the HSE, Gardai, schools, and other relevant agencies.
The successful candidate will possess:
· A qualification at degree level on the National Framework of Qualifications in Applied Social Care Studies in Social Care
· Minimum five years post grad experience, along with two years’ experience within a supervisory role, in a children’s residential unit
· Strong experience in and demonstrated ability to empower others to achieve
· Personal attributes of positivity, flexibility and problem-solving attitude as well as empathy and maturity are essential
· A current full clean Driving Licence prior to commencement of employment
If you would like to be a part of our team that has a track record in developing therapeutic services and providing unrivalled career development opportunities for our staff, then Daffodil Care Services could be the career move you are looking for.
To apply for this role please email your cover letter and CV to email@example.com or call Niamh on 0818 903 984 for further information.