|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||February 6, 2018|
Daffodil Care Services is expanding and opening a new service, we are now seeking to recruit Social Care Leaders for a mainstream residential centre based in North Cork. As one of the Daffodil Care Services national network of registered children’s residential centres, this centre provides numerous programmes to help young people address the major concerns in their lives and preparation for independent living.
As a Social Care Leader you will work in close collaboration with the Centre Manager in creating and maintaining a warm, accepting and secure environment for the young people and to ensure the highest possible standards of care are maintained at all times. This will be achieved by providing frontline care to young people and developing and maintaining professional relationships with care staff as well as young people and their families.
Other key responsibilities will include:
· Promotion and Practice of Daffodil Care Services organisational values and statement of purpose and function in line with the National Standards governing the provision of care in Children’s Residential Centres.
· Operational responsibility for the management of the unit in the absence of the Centre Manager
· Delegation of appropriate responsibilities to team members
· To role model child-centred practice to both staff and young people.
· Devising and developing a comprehensive Placement Plan in partnership with the young person, family and other relevant parties
· Liaising with and work in partnership with other colleagues and professionals within outside agencies to achieve best possible outcomes
· Participating in the completion of Review Reports and to act as an advocate for the young person within Review meetings
· Completing and maintaining administrative records relating to young people
The successful candidate will possess:
· A qualification at degree level on the National Framework of Qualifications in Applied Social Care Studies in Social Care
· Minimum 3 years of experience post gradution working within a young people’s residential unit
· Personal attributes of positivity, flexibility and problem solving attitude as well as empathy and maturity are essential
· A current full clean Driving Licence prior to commencement of employment
If you would like to be a part of our team that has a track record in developing therapeutic services and providing unrivalled career development opportunities for our staff, then Daffodil Care Services could be the career move you are looking for.
To apply for this role please email your cover letter and CV to email@example.com or call Niamh on 0818 903 984 for further information.