|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||October 9, 2018|
A Social Care Facilitator is needed for this modern home in Kildare.
To work as a team member providing a high quality of care to all residents within the nursing home, meeting their physical, psychological, religious and social needs.
To liaise positively and with the residents best interests with all members of the primary care team and also with relatives and all staff within the Nursing Home.
** MUST HAVE DEGREE IN SOCIAL CARE **
1. Take full responsibility for Resident care as directed by the Home Manager. For example Facilitators must ensure that residents receive suitable and timely bathing, showering and toileting.
2. Use the available computer facilities to record and maintain residents’ files on EPIC.
3. Report any ill-health amongst Residents and consult with the Nurse on duty who will make requests for GP / Professional visits where necessary.
4. Assess, plan, implement and evaluate individualised care, seeking physical, psychological, religious, social and other interventions as required.
5. Observe and provide for any additional requirements residents may have i.e. Hairdressing, relaxation therapies etc
6. Participate in the evaluation and review of policies and procedures as and when required.
7. Carry out all facilitator procedures efficiently and effectively.
8. Practice maximum integrity in all dealings with Residents' personal and financial affairs, and avoid abuse of the privileged relationship that exists with Residents.
9. Maintain accurate records and ensure that each Resident within the Nursing Home has an individualised Care Plan. Resident Care Plans to be reviewed as and when required and always in line with the Company’s policies and procedures. On admission of residents, initial entries are recorded on assessment sheets and these are then transferred to EPIC (Computerised Information Management System). All new residents should have assessments complete and a care plan in place within 48 hours.
10. Establish and maintain relationships with residents that are based on respect and equality and that promote their independence.