|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||May 15, 2019|
Post: Relief Social Care Worker
Reporting to: Management Team (Child Care Leader/Deputy Manager/ Manager)
This Job Description is not meant to be definitive nor restrictive and will be modified to meet the changing needs of the home.
Role: To act as a support system to the full-time staff team, being flexible to cover needs in the roster as required.
- To ensure that the main principles of the National Standards of Residential Child Care, dignity, privacy, choice, safety, realising potential and equality and diversity are reflected within the service provided.
- To advise the management team and other staff of any changes in the young people’s needs.
- To support young people in accessing information, in an appropriate format, allowing them to make informed choices.
- To be responsible for ensuring that the young people’s care plans and placement plans are implemented through practice.
- To support young people and staff to be aware of all aspects of safety
- To liaise with management team and staff on issues relating to the unit.
- To set and demonstrate good standards of work practice.
- To adhere and implement Policies and Procedures of the company.
- To attend training as required and pertinent to the unit.
- To be accountable for your own actions and personal and professional development.
- To attend and partake in professional supervision.
- To work positively with family members and other professionals.
- Any other duties as reasonably requested by your line manager or senior manager relevant to the key responsibilities of the post.
- This Job Description is not meant to be definitive nor restrictive and will be modified to meet the changing needs of the home.
- Experience in residential services for adolescents is preferable
- A degree level qualification in Social Care or other relevant qualification is a requirement for this position
- Full clean driving license
- TCI, First Aid, and/or Health & Safety training will be considered advantageous
- A thorough knowledge of Principles and Practice of Social care.
Candidates must hold min level 7 social care qualification, have experience in mainstream residential services and hold a full clean driver’s license.
Closing date for applications: June 30th, 2019
Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org