|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||February 9, 2018|
Fixed Term Contract: 6 Months: Variable Hours
Location: Monaghan Resource Centre Tirkeenan, Monaghan
REQ: # 5312
Closing Date: Friday, 16th February 2018.
- JOB PURPOSE
Reporting to the Community Service Manager through the Programmes Supervisor, the post holder will facilitate service users in their choices, developing programmes within the context of a person centred model of service delivery. The programmes may include independent living, personal development and occupational and leisure activities, within the context of a quality of life model.
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS/EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/KNOWLEDGE
· Minimum QQI Level 5 in Social Care, or equivalent
· A third level graduate, Health & Social Care or equivalent is desirable.
· Experience supporting adults with an intellectual disability and people enduring mental health issues
· Programme facilitation skills an advantage.Client handling experience an advantage
· 1 year minimum experience of working in a relevant Setting with the experience of facilitating and implementing person centred plans, experience in the design, development and provision of programmes and activities to meet the needs, choices and abilities of service users including providing support in the area of independent living skills and community integration for persons with intellectual disability.
· Experience of lone working and supporting people in the community in line with New Directions.
· Experience of supporting adults with Autism and Mental Health difficulties.
· Experience of supporting adults with physical disabilities and people with non-verbal communication
· A specific interest in services, activities and programmes to cater for the needs of persons with mental health issues/diagnosis.
· Experience of maintaining a focus on Health, Safety, Hygiene and good housekeeping guidelines in a service setting and ensuring best practice.
· Experience of promoting Self Advocacy with service users.
· Full driving license, with a minimum of 2 years’ experience is desirable.
· Flexible with regard to working hours in order to meet the operational needs of the service. Evening work on occasion may be required.
· Experience of supporting service users with achieving work opportunities is desirable. Skills and Knowledge
· Good knowledge of New Directions and community based programmes
· Strong IT and report writing skills
· Excellent communication, interpersonal, organisational skills
· Knowledge and understanding of intellectual disabilities and mental health issues.
· Ability to establish and maintain networks within the local communities
· Ability to establish and maintain good relationships with internal colleagues and external agencies
· Track record of liaising with service users and their families to ensure best quality of care
· Professional, positive and confident approach
· Effective advocate for service users, promoting self-advocacy
· Know and implement professional boundaries and best practice
· Work on own initiative
· Maintain quality management system
· Understand the safe guarding of vulnerable adults policy and procedure.
- JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Job Area 1. To be a key worker to service users in order to facilitate the Person Centred Planning process. To identify goals and supports required by individual service users and maintain records as required. 2. To develop and deliver person centred programmes to meet the needs of service users as identified through Person Centred Planning and to maintain the required records. 3. To support individuals and groups in accessing their community to meet identified needs by facilitating activities and programmes and any other reasonable duties as deemed appropriate by the Programmes Supervisor / Community Services Manager. 4. To work on own initiative as a lone worker and to liaise with relevant team members to ensure that service users receive the highest standard of service. To communicate with external agencies and families and maintaining the relevant records. 5. To observe all rules and regulations of the RehabCare services ensuring that all relevant Rehab Group administrative rules, regulations policies and procedures are adhered to at all times 6. To promote and support independence and community integration in your approach with the service user group including liaising with key community based personnel in pursuit of accessible community activities in accordance with the service user’s choices and aspirations. 7. To comply with health and safety legislation and be proactive in maintaining highest standards of safety, hygiene and good housekeeping within the service. To ensure the safe transportation of clients when using transport, by adhering to the use of all safety equipment, as appropriate. 8. To ensure all interaction with the service-user is approached in a professional manner and with dignity and respect and to report any concerns to the Programmes Supervisor or Community Services Manager as appropriate.
- COMMUNICATION AND WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
Typical Level of Interaction
X Standard: Typical interaction is to request and provide information. Courtesy, tact and effectiveness are required.
☐ Advanced: Influence using logic and facts. Communication is important but not critical to the achievement of job objectives.
☐ Expert: Win the hearts and minds, changing opinion of people. Critical in achieving the job objectives. Primary Audience (Internal)
Service Users, Volunteers/staff team
Behaviour Support/Quality Dept
Management Level of Audience (Internal)
X Clerical / Operational
☐ Supervisory / Junior Professional
☐ Middle Management / Seasoned Professional
☐ Senior / Top Management Primary Audience (External)
carers/families/ Residential service staff
HSE professionals/Education services/ employment services/medical services
Level of Audience (External)
X Clerical / Operational
☐ Supervisory / Junior Professional
☐ Middle Management / Seasoned Professional
☐ Senior / Top Management
- KEY DIMENSIONS AND RELATED JOB RESULTS
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Must have good report writing skills and IT skills
- Full drivers licence desirable, with a minimum of 2 years’ experience
- Must have experience in working with people with disabilities and mental health issues.
- Programme facilitation skills an advantage
- OPERATING ENVIRONMENT
This role requires the job holder to:
- Be able to adapt to different tasks each day and work well with a team.
- To work on your own initiative when appropriate
- This Role requires travel.
- KEY COMPETENCIES
(A commitment to living the organisational values of Team work, Dignity, Justice, Advocacy and Quality Building Relationships and Communication · You modify communication approach to suit the needs of a situation/ audience.
· You actively listen to the views of others.
· You liaise with other groups to gain co-operation.
· You negotiate, where necessary, in order to reach a satisfactory outcome.
· You maintain a focus on dealing with colleagues and service users in an effective, efficient and respectful manner.
· You are assertive and professional when dealing with challenging issues.
· You express yourself in a clear and articulate manner when speaking and in writing. Judgement and Decision Making · You effectively deal with a wide range of information sources, investigating all relevant issues.
· You understand the practical implication of information in relation to the broader context in which s/he works – procedures, divisional objectives etc.
· You identify and understands key issues and trends
· Correctly extracts & interprets numerical information, conducting accurate numerical calculations
· Draws accurate conclusions & makes balanced and fair recommendations backed up with evidence Management and Delivery of Results · You take ownership of tasks and are determined to see them through to a satisfactory conclusion.
· You are logical and pragmatic in approach, setting objectives and delivering the best possible results with the resources available through effective prioritisation.
· You constructively challenge existing approaches to improve efficient customer service delivery.
· You accurately estimate time parameters for project, making contingencies to overcome obstacles.
· You minimise errors, reviewing learning and ensuring remedies are in place.
· You maximise the input of own team in ensuring effective delivery of results.
· You ensure that proper service delivery procedures/protocols/reviews are in place and implemented. Respect for Others
· You contribute to identifying methods and processes that ensure each individual is valued and respected.
· You work with individuals, key people and others to identify the cultural heritages, backgrounds, personal experiences and beliefs of individuals.
· You work with individuals and colleagues to identify aspects of the environment, practice and behaviour that are beneficial to creating an inclusive culture for everyone.
· You work to ensure that the work environment is positive and supportive and that all staff members operate in a way that promotes the dignity and respect of individuals and their colleagues.
· You respond appropriately where people are found to be excluded.
· You provide active support to enable individuals to participate and manage their own lives.
Promoting Choice, Independence, Health and Wellbeing
· You use services and supports to foster improved well-being, confidence, self-esteem and independence.
· You are focused on the promotion of well-being and independence and help individuals to regain/retain/maintain independence and control over their lives.
· You identify and give information, advice and support about health and well-being that is relevant to the needs of the individuals.
· You review and help individuals to review the services and supports your organisation has provided for them.
· You encourage and support individuals to examine aspects of their lives and environment that affect their health and well-being and to select positive options to promote their own health and well-being.
· You support individuals to communicate their views and preferences regarding their current and future health and well-being needs and priorities. Advocacy · You identify, with individuals, the needs and preferences they want you to present on their behalf.
· You ensure that neither you nor the individuals will be compromised by your working on their behalf and that any information you communicate on their behalf is correct.