|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Rathgar, Dublin, Ireland|
|Date Posted||March 7, 2019|
Orwell Healthcare is seeking to recruit an experienced Psychologist for our Healthcare Facility.
Orwell Healthcare has developed new specialist multidisciplinary services for Acquired Brain Injury residents. We are recruiting a Clinical or Counselling Psychologist (Basic Grade). The is a part time position - one day per week.
Main purpose of the role;
The Psychologist will provide a range of services primarily to adults with ABI. This involves assessment, direct intervention and contributing to programme planning. To perform this role with particular focus on Orwell Healthcare policies and procedures, statutory regulations and the Health Information and Quality Authority standards.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- To provide a range of psychological services as required including assessment, intervention plan, program implementation and behaviour management for residents with ABI.
- To formulate treatment plans for ABI residents, aiming at improving their quality of life, emotional well-being and addressing any challenging behaviour.
- To provide integrated services, in conjunction with other members of the MDT, contributing to the formulation and implementation of person centred therapy plans.
- To participate in the residents’ community integration programs as set by their individual goals.
- Where appropriate, to participate in the discharge planning, contributing to the safe transition of residents ready to move outside Orwell to an appropriate community destination, liaising with community services in the process.
- To provide support programmes and training for the residents’ families on ABI, helping them with their grieving process.
- To participate in the training of the Orwell Healthcare staff in areas relevant to acquired brain injury and management of challenging behaviour.
- To handle records and reports in a confidential and professional manner according to standards set by Orwell Healthcare and the Psychologists Society of Ireland.
- Participate actively in general development of the service, reviewing referrals to the service with other members of the MDT.
- Ensure that professional standards are maintained.
- To provide support to nursing staff and care staff, advising on behavioural management and correct implementation of reactive strategies when needed.
- Maintain quality standards within the service and participate in clinical governance meetings if required.
- To be proactive in identifying own learning needs and opportunities to improve own knowledge through CPD activities.
The ideal candidate will possess the following;
- Professional qualifications as Clinical or Counselling Psychologist, recognised by the Department of Health and eligible for membership with the Psychological Society of Ireland.
- Demonstrate a willingness of professional development in view of continuous performance appraisals.
- Experience in working with people with disabilities is desirable
- To have a knowledge and interest in in Acquired Brain Injuries and the challenges met in this patient group.
- To be proactive and motivated to educate staff and families on the ABI challenges.
- To operate in accordance with HIQA standards and the Health Act 2007 and other relevant legislation.
- To be familiar with the requirements set out in the Care and Welfare of Residents in Designated Centres for Older People Regulations 2009 (SI 415 of 2013).
- Be familiar with the Complaints Policy, Confidentiality Policy and the Elder Abuse Policy and Acceptable Use of IT Policy.
- To maintain a level of professional integrity in accordance with Orwell Healthcare policies and procedures, employment contract, philosophy of care and mission statement.
What we offer you;
- Competitive salary
- Additional annual leave for years of service
- In-house CPD
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension contribution
- Subsidised Café
- Refer a friend bonus
- Central location with easy access to public transport
- Free on street parking/ bike to work scheme
- Employee summer party, Christmas Party and regular social events
Please note: all job offers are subject to references, Garda Vetting and pre-employment medical.
Orwell Healthcare is an equal opportunities employer.