|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||October 4, 2018|
Programme Supervisor for Lean Ar Aghaidh Day Service
Permanent, 39 hours
Lean Ar Aghaidh is a fun and energetic, quality of life focused (high support) day service. We provide a specialised service to young adults who experience significant challenges.
The role involves being part of a professional team & progressive service supporting individuals with unique challenges to achieve and maintain valued roles in their community through learning, social and recreational opportunities.
The successful candidate will report to the Community Services Manager and be required to assist to lead a team to work in a way which reflects the values of Supported Self Directed Living, implementing the core values of New Directions. The candidate will have an innovative ability, together with drive, enthusiasm, motivation and a positive attitude.
To promote and support opportunities for independence, enhanced quality of life and community opportunities, for service users with complex needs. To assist the Community Services Manager in the development, implementation and delivery of quality person centred and cost effective community services to people at an appropriate time and setting. This includes the provision of individual programmes and activities to meet the needs, choices and abilities of service-users. To lead and support a number of staff in their roles as keyworkers/programme facilitators
Minimum Education & Skills required
- A Third level graduate, health and social care equivalent
- Experience of working with adults with moderate to severe intellectual, physical and sensory challenges
- Well-developed people management skills, with proven experience of building, leading and motivating a team. Minimum of 2 years’ line management experience is highly desirable.
- Ability to provide line management support to Programmes Facilitators and other support staff
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- The establishment and maintenance of a welcoming and supportive environment within the location, where service-users are offered the opportunity to develop and enhance their quality of life
- To conduct assessments of service-users and process any new referrals to the service, in line with agreed protocols. The monitoring of the progress of service-user referrals.
- To take a lead role in the co-ordination and development of person centred plans (PCP’s) to meet the requirements of service-users
- To participate and contribute to planned evaluations of the service, to ensure continuous review and improvement where possible
- Full, driving licence is essential.
- Must be able to work beyond normal working hours, if required
- Willingness to travel to other RehabCare services on occasions
- Willingness to attend conferences/training courses when requested by management.
- Company Pension – with company contribution
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid paternity leave
- 27 days annual leave
- Bike to work scheme
- Tax saver travel scheme
- Income protection
To view full extensive job description please, click apply to visit our company site and download attachment at the bottom of the page.
Closing Date: Friday, 12th October 2018
The Rehab Group is an equal opportunity employer