|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||December 6, 2018|
Personal Assistant for Castlebar, Co Mayo
Specific Purpose Contract, 20 hours
To be part of a professional team & progressive service supporting individuals with complex challenges to achieve and maintain valued roles in their community through learning, social and recreational opportunities.
The successful candidate will be required to work in a way which reflects the values of Supported Self Directed Living, implementing the core values of New Directions. The candidate will have an innovative ability, together with drive, enthusiasm, motivation and a positive attitude.
To personally assist individuals with their programme choices and demonstrate a passion to assist in enhancing the person’s image in all settings.
To facilitate in the educational, developmental, recreational and occupational programmes and activities of the service, as appropriate for the individual service user you are supporting.
The candidate will work as a positive member of the team and make a conscious effort to investigate new opportunities and advocate the same for the best interest of the service users, service and team.
The successful candidate will support service identifies service user with 1:1 PA support as is required.
Minimum Education & Skills required
- Minimum QQI Level 5 in Social Care
- Experience of supporting adults with complex challenges
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organisational skills
- Knowledge and understanding of intellectual disabilities and mental health issues.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- To be a key worker to service users in order to facilitate the Person Centred Planning process. To identify goals and supports required by individual service users and maintain records as required.
- To support identified individuals in accessing their community to meet identified needs by facilitating activities and programmes and any other reasonable duties as deemed appropriate by the Programmes Supervisor / Community Services Manager.
- To work on own initiative as a lone worker and to liaise with relevant team members to ensure that service users receive the highest standard of service. To communicate with external agencies and families and maintaining the relevant records.
- To promote and support independence and community integration in your approach with the service user group including liaising with key community based personnel in pursuit of accessible community activities in accordance with the service user’s choices and aspirations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Must have good report writing skills and IT skills
- Full drivers licence desirable
- Be able to adapt to different tasks each day and work well with a team.
- Company Pension Scheme
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid paternity leave
- 27 days annual leave
- Bike to work scheme
- Tax saver travel scheme
- Income protection
To view full extensive job description please, click apply to visit our company site and download attachment at the bottom of the page.
Closing Date: Monday, 31st December 2018
The Rehab Group is an equal opportunity employer