|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||December 5, 2018|
Key Responsibilities and Deliverables
- This position is responsible for the RIS/PACS system and end user satisfaction.
- The responsibility of the job will involve monitoring the RIS/PACS system and ensuring that the system is available 24hrs a day, 7 days per week to users’ hospital wide in conjunction with the RIS/PACS service provider.
- To evaluate the requirements in terms of: systems, facilities, equipment, space and personnel necessary for successful implement of PACS.
- System Administrator: expected to provide for the ongoing system management needs by introducing and securing management systems and good practice.
- To ensure clear formal allocation of responsibility and accountability for the day-to-day organisation and maintenance of the RIS/PACS system.
- Establishing effective channels of communication between Radiology staff, and between the Local Service Provider (LSP); PACS and RIS, and other modality service personnel.
- Log and record equipment faults in line with recognised fault reporting mechanisms that exist within PACS contractual arrangements with the LSP.
- Introduce methods to monitor equipment performance and provide first line system support.
- Introduce systems and responsibilities for user access and determining the access rights of users.
- General radiography duties, as appropriate.
· BSc Radiography of equivalent
· Desirable – Post Graduate Education involving Health Informatics
· Minimum 5 years post qualification experience as a radiology team member.
· Previous experience of working in a PACS environment.
· Previous experience of planning or implementing PACS & RIS.
Job Specific Competencies and Knowledge
· Excellent leadership, organisational ability and advanced interpersonal and motivational skills.
· Presentations skills.
· Knowledge and understanding of PACS/RIS terminology.
· Ability to work with and train diverse staff teams.
· Ability to analyse data, write reports and respond to time-constraint deadlines.
· All posts in Beacon Hospital require a high level of flexibility to ensure the delivery of an effective and efficient service. Therefore, the post holder will be required to demonstrate flexibility as and when required by their manager of hospital management.