|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||March 8, 2019|
In Patient Services Manager Grade VIII – Permanent Full Time
St Vincent’s Private Hospital is the single, biggest acute private hospital in Dublin. We offer the highest number of consultants and the widest range of specialist care in Ireland’s only integrated multi-hospital campus. The Hospital re-secured JCI accreditation in September 2018.
We are a registered not for profit charity who continues to set new standards and benchmarks for private medical care in Ireland.
The hospital has 236 inpatient beds, 31 general and 23 oncology day care beds, 12 consulting suites, operating theaters for major and minor surgery, endoscopy, radiotherapy, cardiology and diagnostic imaging facilities which includes General Radiography, CT Scanning, Interventional Radiology, Mammography, Ultrasound and Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI).
The hospital has introduced an operational management structure to oversee and manage the delivery of clinical services. This is a senior management role and we are looking for an experienced and highly motivated In Patient Services Manager to join our operational management team. Reporting to the Director of Clinical Operations, the successful candidate will be responsible to driving inpatient activity to meet key performance targets with a particular focus on admission, discharge and transfer processes.
This role provides an excellent opportunity to lead and contribute to initiatives that improve the patient experience and meet the Hospital’s progressive development agenda.
- Relevant Clinical Graduate Qualification (s)
- Five years relevant experience with at three in a management post
- Experience of Change Projects e.g. introduction of new service, process changes
- Previous operational management experience
- Familiarity with Irish health structures, services and funding models
- Demonstrate knowledge of performance management systems / KPI’s.
- Demonstrate knowledge of change management & organisational development processes.
- Good understanding of principles and practice of managing staff performance.
- Ability to think and plan strategically
- Leadership skills e.g. communication, motivation, problem solving
- Management Qualification
- ICT experience – working with/introducing software systems to support clinical activities e.g. PAS
- Experience in an activity based funding healthcare environment. Experience of healthcare income
- Experience of managing workforce skill mix changes and/or development.
- Experience of managing budgets.
- Project management training and/or experience
- Evidence of continued professional development
Please see the job description for the full list of Essential and Desirable criteriea
A full Job description is available on request, from the HR Office 00353126389445
Closing Date for Applications 5pm Friday 22nd March 2019