|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||October 8, 2018|
Health care assistant
Home Support Worker for Waterford
Specific Purpose Contract, Variable hours
To provide a Home Support service to older persons and to adults and children with disabilities. We work within a multi-disciplinary team context, enabling Clients to live with respect and dignity within their own home and community.
Minimum Education & Skills required
- Experience in the provision of home based services.
- Track record of liaising with service users and their families to ensure best quality of care
- A relevant FETAC Healthcare qualification or equivalent is desirable
- On the job QQI Level 5 training provided
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- To provide a Home Support service to older persons and to adults and children with disabilities.
- Assisting clients in all the Activities of Daily Living. These may include assistance with transfer, washing, toileting, feeding etc
- To have a basic knowledge of domiciliary care, i.e. awareness of good hygiene practice, care of the skin and pressure areas etc.
- To facilitate clients to maintain and promote their independence.
- Full Clean Driving Licence
- Flexible with regard to working hours in order to meet the operational needs of the service
- Participate in Carelink training programme
- Company Pension – with company contribution
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid paternity leave
- 27 days annual leave
- Bike to work scheme
- Tax saver travel scheme
- Income protection
To view full extensive job description please, click apply to visit our company site and download attachment at the bottom of the page.
Closing Date: Wednesday, 17th October 2018.
The Rehab Group is an equal opportunity employer