|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||January 8, 2018|
Health care assistant
Cloverhill, Co Roscommon
Sonas Nursing Home Cloverhill is located beside Cloverhill Church and primary school in the heart of the community, with a service that’s out on its own. The 54 bed Nursing Home is a bright, modern, state-of-the-art facility, offering personalised care in the relaxed atmosphere situated three miles from Roscommon town.
Responsibilities and duties will include but are not limited to:
- Support and assist residents enabling them to fulfil their activities of daily living ensuring that residents are encouraged to be as independent as possible.
- Deliver a high standard of person-centred care ensuring all practices reflects the privacy, dignity and respect of our residents and underpins all the basic values that contribute to an excellent quality of life.
- Establish and maintain relationships with residents that are based on respect and equality.
- Promote, encourage and practice the ethos of person-centred care.
- Participate in organising and carrying out social outings and in-house activities.
- Maintain resident’s dining rooms, living areas and bedrooms in a neat, presentable and hygienic state.
- Assist the management team during internal and external audits/inspections.
- Must be available to work day, night and weekend shifts on a fulltime basis.
Education & Qualifications:
- Must have completed full FETAC/QQI Major Award Level 5 in Healthcare or related field.
- Modules completed in Care of the Older Person, Infection Prevention & Control, Nutrition and Palliative Care Support are desirable.
- Current and valid Infection Control, Manual and Resident Moving & Handling & Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults Certificates (training can be provided if required).
Skills and Experience:
- Previous working experience in care of the older person within a residential care home setting is desirable.
- Possess a high regard for and practice good health and safety procedures at all times.
- Passionate about delivering outstanding care to older people and be a committed, patient and caring person with a sense of humour and a positive outlook on life.
Benefits of working for Sonas Nursing Homes:
- Employing over 550 people, we offer unparalleled opportunity to develop your career and broaden your experience
- 25% Extra per hour worked on Sunday, Double time for hours worked on bank holiday
- Sonas Nursing Homes have built and sustained its reputation for excellence which make us an excellent employer of choice
- Induction Training Program
- Bike to Work Scheme
- All Meals Provided free of charge when on duty
- 1 X Uniform and Name Badge Provided
- Career Progression
- Education Assistance Program
- NHI Group Benefits Scheme
- Long Service Recognition Awards
- Staff Social Events
- Refer a Friend Bonus
- Training and Development Provided
- Employee Well-Being Program
- Free on-site Parking
- “Buddy” Mentorship programme