|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Dublin 1, Ireland|
|Date Posted||October 6, 2017|
Head of Quality and Compliance
An exciting and unique opportunity has arisen Comfort Keepers for a Head of Quality and Compliance.
At Comfort Keepers our mission is to provide your loved one with the highest quality of life that is achievable.
We treat each of our clients with the respect and dignity they deserve, as though we were caring for a member of our own family
The values to which we aspire on a daily basis are:
Quality: To place Quality at the core of everything we do
Caring: To be Caring and understand the feelings of our clients, customers and staff
Professionalism: To be Professional in everything we do
Continuous Improvement: To continuously identify areas where we can do better and change
We are currently seeking a Head of Quality and Compliance to join our company to assist in honouring our mission statement whilst staying true to our core values.
The Head of Quality and Compliance will function as an independent and objective body that reviews and evaluates compliance issues/concerns within the organisation. The position ensures that all levels within the organisation are in compliance with the rules and regulations of regulatory agencies including HIQA, that company policies and procedures are being followed, and that behaviour in the organisation meets the company’s standards of conduct.
The Head of Quality and Compliance acts:
- As a channel of communication to receive and direct compliance issues to appropriate resources for investigation and resolution, and
- As a final internal resource with which concerned parties may communicate after other formal channels and resources have been exhausted.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops, initiates, maintains, and revises policies and procedures for the general operation of the Compliance Program and its related activities to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct. Manages day-to-day operation of the Program.
- Develops, periodically reviews and updates Standards of Conduct to ensure continuing currency and relevance in providing guidance to management and employees.
- Collaborates with other departments to direct compliance issues to appropriate existing channels for investigation and resolution.
- Responds to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and Standards of Conduct by evaluating or recommending the initiation of investigative procedures. Develops and oversees a system for uniform handling of such violations.
- Acts as an independent review and evaluation body to ensure that compliance Issues/concerns within the organisation are being appropriately evaluated, investigated and resolved.
- Monitors, and as necessary, coordinates compliance activities of other departments to remain abreast of the status of all compliance activities and to identify trends.
- Identifies potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; develops/implements corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and provides general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
- Provides reports on a regular basis, and as directed or requested, to keep the senior management informed of the operation and progress of compliance efforts.
- Ensures proper reporting of violations or potential violations to duly authorised agencies as appropriate and/or required.
- Institutes and maintains an effective compliance communication program for the organisation, including promoting (a) heightened awareness of Standards of Conduct, and (b) understanding of new and existing compliance issues and related policies and procedures.
- Works with the Human Resources Department and others as appropriate to develop an effective compliance training program, including appropriate introductory training for new employees as well as ongoing training for all employees and managers.
- Monitors the performance of the Compliance Program and relates activities on a continuing basis, taking appropriate steps to improve its effectiveness.
A Bachelor’s degree required either in Business, Legal activity or Compliance; Master’s desired, a professional compliance certification is also advantageous.
A minimum of 8 year’s experience in a healthcare organisation, to include demonstrated leadership. Familiarity with operational, financial, quality assurance, and human resource procedures and regulations is a must.
- Experienced in a quality or audit function desirable.
- Familiar with HIQA or equivalent HIQA healthcare standards
- Multisite Quality Management
- Report writing