|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||November 10, 2017|
Health care assistant
Full Time Care Assistant - Tuam
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Genuine interest in working within a caring environment
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Team player
- Willingness to participate in Vocational Training Programmes
- Must attend all Mandatory Training
- Relevant Vocational Qualification (achieved / working towards)
- Experience of working with the relevant Resident group.
- Ensure the highest levels of care are maintained by supporting / assisting Residents, when required, with washing, toileting, dressing, undressing, and all other aspects of daily living.
- Assist Residents in all aspects of their care needs (e.g. physical, emotional and spiritual). Provide attention when needed, whilst ensuring Residents retain their comfort and dignity.
- Pay particular attention to assisting Residents who have limited mobility, or physical difficulties, making the best use of aids provided.
- Closely monitor Residents who may be confused and / or who have behavioural problems.
- Assist in the promotion of continence. Following toileting residents empty commodes and wash same after use, as per infection control policy.
- Assist in the delivery of care for Residents who are dying or who have a progressive illness. Assist with last office.
- Assist in framework of social activities by interacting with Residents and helping them continue with hobbies and activities in the care centre.
- Carry out regular checks on Residents at intervals determined by Nursing Staff.
- If applicable, care for Residents clothing and rooms as named, and ensure that all clothing is recorded and clearly marked.
- Ensure full privacy and dignity is maintained for the dying and the bereaved, in line with the company’s policies and procedures.
- Assist Residents who need help during meal times (be aware of swallowing difficulties, dietary requirements etc.). Assist with serving of food / drinks as requested / required. Wash up as requested / required.
- Knowledge of HIQA standards and procedures