|at ( view profile)|
|Location||South-West Dublin, Ireland|
|Date Posted||November 2, 2018|
Health care assistant
Day Services Supervisor
2 Year Specified Purpose Full-Time Position
Ref No: MDSS19102018
Saint John of God Community Services Liffey Services supports individuals with intellectual disabilities to be active participants within their local community. Applications are invited for the post of Programme Supervisor based in the South-West Dublin area for our Day Service Programmes. This is a 2 year Specified Purpose
Full-time position commencing in January 2019.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- A relevant third level qualification in the area of Health, Social Care, etc.
- Experience in staff management and change management
- At least 5 years’ experience of working with adults with Intellectual Disabilities
- Experience in working with individuals with varying support needs
- A clear vision and implementation strategy for the future direction for adult day services in line with New Directions National Policy
- Knowledge and experience in Person Directed Planning in line with best practice
- Proven ability to demonstrate creativity and initiative when supporting and maintaining meaningful community involvement that result in positive social roles for people supported
- An understanding of the importance of natural support networks
- Knowledge and experience in the use of Assistive Technology
- Experience and in-depth knowledge of national policy on Safeguarding.
- A proven track record in meeting targets and standards
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, ICT and organisational skills
- Ability to collate, analyse and plan with data relating Person Directed Plans, Rights, Safeguarding, NIMS, Health & Safety, etc to ensure better outcomes for people supported.
- A full clean Driver’s License and a commitment to drive as part of the role.
Interested candidates should apply by forwarding a Cover letter and Curriculum Vitae, including written explanation for any gaps in employment, to the Human Resources Department, Saint John of God Community Services, Liffey Services, St Raphael’s, Celbridge, Co. Kildare or by email to LiffeyServicesRecruitment@sjog.ie. (Please include the reference number on the subject line of your application).
Shortlisting will be based on information that candidates provide in their application in line with above requirements. Job description available from Human Resources on 01-6303443 or email LiffeyServicesRecruitment@sjog.ie.
Closing Date: 19th October 2018
Informal enquiries to Audrey Carroll, Programme Manager at 087 7596460
Saint John of God Community Services Clg. is an equal opportunities employer