|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||February 1, 2019|
- Data Protection Officer
- 0WTE (37 hours per week)
- Fixed-Term (3 years)
- Based in one of the Voluntary Hospice Group locations (Our Lady’s Hospice & Care Services Dublin, St. Francis Hospice Dublin, Milford Care Centre Limerick, Marymount University Hospital & Hospice Cork and Galway Hospice) and dependent on candidate requirements
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a motivated and driven individual with experience working in legal or regulatory fields. The role of the Data Protection Officer (DPO) is to lead and oversee the effective management of the Group’s data protection frameworks, contribute to the setting of the individuals’ data protection strategy and monitor compliance with data protection legislative requirements. A key role of the DPO will be to communicate with the various Board of Directors, management and governance bodies, supervisory bodies and stakeholders.
The DPO must be involved, properly and in a timely manner, in all issues which relate to the protection of personal data with the support of local Data Protection leads. The DPO will have access to personal data and processing operations within each of the organisations and will ensure that robust policies and procedures are implemented.
This position will provide support to the Voluntary Hospice Group comprising of Our Lady’s Hospice & Care Services Dublin, St. Francis Hospice Dublin, Milford Care Centre Limerick, Marymount University Hospital & Hospice Cork and Galway Hospice. The position will be based in a location suitable to the candidate in one of the locations specified above.
- Expert knowledge of national and European data protection law and practices, an in-depth and detailed knowledge of GDPR as well as a good knowledge of the general Irish & European legal context in which Irish & European data protection law sit
- Knowledge of the healthcare sector, products, services including underlying legal principles and practices
- Strong understanding of healthcare operational processes, information systems and data security
- Ability to make/take calculated decisions and to think forward and act accordingly
- Ability and experience to interpret complex regulatory requirements, and apply these in a practical and proportionate way
- Ability to promote a strong data protection culture
- Excellent management skills and the ability to interface easily with staff at all levels as well as outside authorities
- Experience of working with senior stakeholders and ability to influence Senior, Executive Management and Board members
- A relevant Data Protection qualification
- Legal qualification or working towards
- At least 4-5 years’ experience in a data protection role or in a compliance role with data protection responsibilities
A detailed Job Description & Person Specification for this position is available from our website http://olh.ie/careers/current-vacancies/ or from the Human Resources Department by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone (01) 491 2594.
To apply for this position please forward your CV and a cover letter by email to email@example.com or by post to: Dominika Omiko, Manpower Manager, Human Resources Department, Our Lady’s Hospice & Care Services, Harold’s Cross, Dublin 6W. Your cover letter should highlight your motivation to apply for the role and your achievements in relation to this role.
For informal enquiries for this post, please contact Patricia Pierce (F.O.I. Officer/ Data Protection Lead), by phone: 01-4068725
Latest date for receipt of applications is 5.00pm on Thursday 21st February 2019