|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||February 18, 2020|
Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist
This is a cracker of a job in one of the most amazing regions in Australia.
- Approx. AU480k pa dependent on experience plus additional benefits such as housing, extra annual leave etc.
- Explore some of the world's most ancient landscapes - gorges, waterfalls, rock pools etc.
- Sail, kayak, fish, dive, snorkel along a beautiful coastline.
- Make a vital and long lasting contribution to mental health care.
- Be seen as a leader in the community.
- Develop an interest in indigenous mental health.
This amazing job and location will appeal to an experienced Consultant CAMHS Psychiatrist looking for a well remunerated public mental health post offering a rich personal and professional adventure.
You will provide psychiatric assessment treatment and management of children and adolescents (0-18 years) in this beautiful region utilising telehealth and/ or face to face context. You will work closely with the Director of Clinical Services, Manager and Child and Adolescent Mental Health team leaders in providing first class consultation and clinical advice to multidisciplinary teams.
As well as FRANZCPs, this position is open to experienced Consultant CAMHS Psychiatrists who have completed their specialist training in any of the following countries: UK, Eire, New Zealand, USA , Canada or South Africa. Further you will have at least 3 yrs consultant level of experience and have completed a formal post in CAMHS during your training.
Importantly, you must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Capacity to work autonomously and providing clinical leadership within a multidisciplinary team context.
- Ability to develop and maintain productive links with primary health stakeholders.
- Experience and enjoyment in undergrad and postgrad teaching.
- A commitment to professional development.
- High level communication skills and ability to work in transcultural environment.
Applicants with experience working in all or some of the following will be highly regarded:
- Indigenous peoples mental health.
- Experience in rural environments.
It’s time to explore life off the beaten path!