|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||October 4, 2018|
Community Support Worker for Bantry Respite Service
Permanent, 15 hours
To promote and support independent living and community integration personal development and work opportunities for service users. To assist the Community Services Manager in the development, implementation and delivery of quality customer focused and cost effective community services to service users at an appropriate time and setting. This includes the provision of individual programmes and activities to meet the needs, choices and abilities of service-users, and an active contribution towards the involvement of RehabCare in the expansion of this service.
Minimum Education & Skills required
- QQI Level 5 in Health Care
- A minimum of one years’ experience working in the field of disability is essential.
- Previous experience of working in the Community
- Understanding and knowledge of intellectual, physical and or mental health disability
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- To plan, develop, implement, monitor and review appropriate educational, recreational and occupational programs within the community.
- To ensure best practice in line with up to date research regarding Quality of Life improvements.
- To liaise with families, the multidisciplinary team and key community based personnel in the pursuit of accessible community activities for service users.
- To enshrine the concept of independent living by supporting service users to integrate in to their local community and access local resources.
- Full Clean Driving Licence
- To promote and be actively involved in teamwork at all times.
- To liaise with families, the multidisciplinary team and other personnel as directed by the Community Services Manager
- A flexible shift system will operate
- Company Pension – with company contribution
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid paternity leave
- 27 days annual leave
- Bike to work scheme
- Tax saver travel scheme
- Income protection
To view full extensive job description please, click apply to visit our company site and download attachment at the bottom of the page.
Closing Date: Friday, 12th October 2018
The Rehab Group is an equal opportunity employer