|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||December 3, 2018|
Clinical Nurse Specialist – National Learning Network – Bantry, Co. Cork
Permanent Contract - 36 hours weekly
Home Focus is a National Learning Network programme funded by the HSE and it provides a recovery-oriented service in West Cork to assist and support individuals, experiencing both acute and enduring mental illness, in their own homes/communities. The programme supports and assists participants to developing skills to enhance, improve and maintain their own mental health and wellbeing and connectedness with the community around them.
The overall focus of the Clinical Nurse Specialist comprises assessment, planning, implementation and evaluating the care received by participants in their own homes and communities. The CNS works closely with other members of the wider medical and allied professions. The CNS will provide a level of clinical support as appropriate to colleagues and members of the multidisciplinary team.
The CNS will provide professional expertise, professional knowledge and skills within a multidisciplinary context. The CNS will liaise directly with the MDTs/ medical professionals regarding referrals to appropriately manage and assess risk and gathering of all relevant medical and information regarding the participant.
Minimum Education & Skills required
The candidate must be:
- Be a registered nurse on the active Register of Nurses and Midwives held by An Bord Altranais agus Cnáimhseachais na hÉireann (Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland) or be eligible to be so registered.
- Be registered in the Psychiatric Division of the register of Nurses and Midwives
- Have successfully completed a post registration programme of study, as certified by the education provider, which verifies that the applicant has achieved a Quality and Qualifications Ireland (QQI), National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ) major academic Level 8 award, or higher relevant to the specialist area of Adult / Rehabilitation prior to application.
- Can provide written evidence from higher education institute that they have achieved the number of ECTS credits equivalent to a Level 8 award or higher standard, relevant to the specialist area of Adult / Rehabilitation prior to application.
- Have a minimum of 5 years post registration full time experience (or an aggregate of 5 years full time experience) in the Psychiatric division of the register
- Have a minimum of 2 years’ full time experience (or an aggregate of 2 years full time experience) in specialist area of Adult / Rehabilitation Mental Health
- Demonstrate evidence of continuing professional development.
- Practitioners must maintain live annual registration on the appropriate/relevant Division of the register of Nurses and Midwives maintained by the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland (Bord Altranais agus Cnáimhseachais na hÉireann) for the role.
- Confirm annual registration with NMBI to the HSE by way of the annual Patient Safety Assurance Certificate (PSAC).
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- To assess risk, identifying the level of intervention required and identifying and initiating appropriate steps for the effective resolution of crisis.To provide ongoing trainee support as required
- To provide a person-centre focus and support for Home Focus participants with both severe and enduring mental health crises
- Initiating and leading practice development; identifying and undertaking aspects of professional education and training.
The candidate should have:
- Comprehensive experience of working within Mental Health Services and in a wide range of hospital and community based locations
- Experience of working as part of multi-disciplinary teams delivering a co-ordinated approach to client care.
- Experience of a recovery focussed, clinically excellent model that involves service users in all aspects of the design and delivery of the service in line with Vision for Change policy (2006).
- Company pension Scheme
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Paid Paternity Leave
- 24 days annual leave
- Bike to work scheme
- Taxsaver travel scheme
- Income Protection
To view full extensive job description please, click apply to visit our company site and download attachment at the bottom of the page.
Closing date 12th December 2018
Apply : email@example.com
The Rehab Group is an equal opportunity employer