|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||February 18, 2020|
A Consultant CAMHS Psychiatrist position in a coastal Australian city.
- Lucrative public health salary, allowances, and comprehensive benefits up to AUD$450k PLUS oncall etc.
- 80 hour fortnight and flexible and family-friendly working arrangements.
- 3.6weeks professional development leave.
- AU$21k professional development allowance (paid with salary).
- Up to $25k car allowance (paid with salary).
- Attraction and retention incentive allowance.
- Research and teaching opportunities.
- Coastal East Coast city, spectacular beaches, access to the Great Barrier Reef.
- Enjoy laid back coastal lifestyle
- Sensational choice in real-estate: house/apartment by the beach or enjoy a large modern house close to excellent private schooling and the mental health service.
- Exceptional private schooling available.
Mental health service and broader hospital services.
- The hospitals and health service provides first class health care services, research and education to a population of approx. 250k.
- The healthcare service provides a range of care from advanced specialised tertiary level care at the hospital to primary and secondary-level hospital and community care across the region.
- Hospital is the major tertiary referral facility for a large geographical area.
- Service is close to one of the State’s leading Universities. The mental health service and this university have very close relationship.
Job Scope includes but isn’t not limited to:
- Provide first class clinical and non-clinical care to patients.
- Support child inpatient, outpatient, outreach, telehealth services within a evidence-based model and multidisciplinary team context.
- Drive and provide clinical leadership to a child and youth early intervention team.
- Contributing to training and professional development with the mental health service.
- Participating in clinical audits.
- Ensuring safety and quality procedures are maintained, reviewed and developed.
- Taking an active role in development and implementation of organisational processes to improve the service, safety systems etc. and related training.
I have helped relocate 8 UK trained consultant psychiatrists (including 2 CAMHS) to this service. It is a collaborative one with a supportive matrix of peer group support with excellent administrative/operational resources. The city has 200k people and sits on a beautiful coastline.
The city is perfect for singles, couples or families. Large enough to provide work opportunities for partners (medical or not) and has a pleasant laid back approach. There is a marina and beachside area hosting bars, cafes and restaurants.
There is more than enough to keep the kids active, outdoors and engaged: beaches, parks, hinterland, snorkeling/diving, sailing, swimming pools, cricket ovals, football pitches etc.
You will have
- FRANZCP or equivalent specialist qualifications gained in in UK, NZ, Ireland, Canada or USA.
- If not FRANZCP, then a minimum of three years experience at Consultant/Specialist level in CAMHS.
- Have had a formal post of at least 6 months in CAMHS/Learning disability during your basic or higher training.
- Knowledge of contemporary psychiatric practises.
- First class communication skills.
- Ability to practise within a cross-cultural context.