|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Dublin South/Dublin West, Ireland|
|Date Posted||December 5, 2018|
Area's Currently open!
Rathfarnham, Dublin 14
Dun Laoghaire/ Dalkey
Work somewhere great and make a meaningful difference.
Are you looking to find a meaningful role? Comfort Keepers are seeking kind, caring and considerate Caregivers.
Comfort Keepers is a multi-award-winning company dedicated to our Clients and Caregivers.
Comfort Keepers is the Home Care provider of the year 2017.
What we offer you;
- An internationally recognised training program for Care Skills and Care of the Older Person
- Work close to your home area.
- Work organised through a Rota with the same clients weekly where possible.
- €12 per hour when qualified. €8 per 30-minute visit.
- Sunday and Bank holiday rates apply.
- €10 per 30 minutes visit on Sundays and Bank Holidays
- Guaranteed minimum weekly contracts offered*
- Free 3 day Induction and Patient Manual Handling training.
- Free Garda vetting.
- Free Personal Protection Equipment (PPE).
- Excellent career progressions opportunities.
- Excellent support from a dedicated Client Care Co-ordinator and our Out of Hours Support team.
- Employee Representative Committee.
- State of the art log-in system in place for caregivers with regular updates. This app allows you to interact with your care team, to request leave, rotas etc.
- Regular Caregiver Newsletters with updates.
- Discounts with our retail partners. Partners include McCabes Pharmacy, Savvi Credit Union, 3 Network and Laya healthcare to name a few.
- Reduced Private Health Insurance Scheme with Laya healthcare
- Employee Assistance Programme which offers an advice and counselling service available for caregivers and their immediate families
What you will do daily?
Your role as a Caregiver will be fulfilling and rewarding. You will be community based and provide personal, non-medical care and assistance to your clients in their own homes. You will help with clients’ nutritional, physical and social needs as laid out in their individual Care Plan.
What we require from our Caregivers;
- Patience, kindness, empathy and a natural caring attitude.
- You may have cared for a loved one or relative in the past or have trained or worked in Care sector.
- A commitment to professional development.
- A willingness to work in a rota shared with other Caregivers in your team.
- A car and driver’s licence. (remove if not required.)
- You live in this area or a surrounding area.
- Fluent English.
- Ideally have QQI Level 5 Care Skills and Care of the Older Person.
- An in-house program for you to work towards your healthcare qualification, QQI level 5 Major Healthcare Award. (Internationally recognised) We offer two of these modules Care Skills and Care of the Older Person. Discounted if training is in-house with Comfort Keepers.
- On completion progression opportunities throughout the company!
- A fully comprehensive 3day induction training program that includes patient manual handling.
- The option to earn while you learn.
- Disabilities Modules also offered.
- Dementia training
*Terms and conditions apply