|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||October 3, 2018|
Care Worker for Thurles Residential Service
Specific Purpose, 35 hours
To facilitate a service user focused service to adults with varying disabilities & complex health needs that include, Intellectual Disability, Epilepsy and Autism.
Minimum Education & Skills required
- Minimum of QQI Level 5 in Social Care, or equivalent
- Work Experience not essential but would be a distinct advantage
- Skills and knowledge in the areas of Autism, Intellectual Disability, Epilepsy, and Downs Syndrome
- Good IT skills, good written and oral communication skills.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide personal assistance in all aspects of personal care and manual handling, ensuring comfort and hygiene of service users and adhering to safe practice at all times.
- Assist service users in the taking of medication in line with policy and procedure.
- Ensure that all interactions with service users are approached with dignity, respect, equality and incorporating choice.
- Facilitate and implement a person centered service appropriate to the needs, wishes and requirements of service users.
- To be able to work effectively in a team providing person centered support for service users.
- To be able to maintain the privacy and confidentiality of service users at all times.
- To be able to adhere to all policies and procedures.
- Full Clean Drivers licence
- Company Pension – with company contribution
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid paternity leave
- 27 days annual leave
- Bike to work scheme
- Tax saver travel scheme
- Income protection
To view full extensive job description please, click apply to visit our company site and download attachment at the bottom of the page.
Closing Date: Friday, 12th October 2018
The Rehab Group is an equal opportunity employer