|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||October 3, 2018|
Care Worker for Kerry (New Service)
Permanent, 20 hours
To provide a personal care service to individuals with Intellectual Disability and Mental Health Difficulties within a residential service setting, in an environment which values and respects the individual, fosters a positive behavioral support approach to supporting people with challenging behaviors and an environment that fosters community based living, personal development and social inclusion
Minimum Education & Skills required
- QQI Level 5 in Health Care
- Candidates should have experience of working in a residential care setting
- Candidates should have experience of providing appropriate supports to service users with relevant disability and whose behavior may challenge.
- A champion of Person Centred Planning and Individual Action Plans.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Promote and actively involved in teamwork, creating a nurturing and supportive environment for the service user.
- Facilitate and implement a person centered service appropriate to the needs, wishes and requirements of service users.
- Provide personal assistance in all aspects of personal care and manual handling, ensuring comfort and hygiene of service users and adhering to safe practice at all times.
- Actively participate in appropriate, educational, recreational and occupational programmes, enabling service users to integrate with their local community and access local resources.
- Full Clean Driving Licence
- To have a positive can do attitude.
- To be flexible.
- To be interested in continuous improvement
- Company Pension – with company contribution
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid paternity leave
- 27 days annual leave
- Bike to work scheme
- Tax saver travel scheme
- Income protection
To view full extensive job description please, click apply to visit our company site and download attachment at the bottom of the page.
Closing Date: Wednesday, 10th October 2018.
The Rehab Group is an equal opportunity employer