|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||October 11, 2018|
Care Worker for Boulia Residential Service
Permanent, 25 hours
To provide a personal care service to individuals with Intellectual Disability and Mental Health Difficulties within a residential/day service setting, in an environment which values and respects the individual, fosters a positive behavioral support approach to supporting people with challenging behaviors and an environment that fosters community based living, personal development and social inclusion
Minimum Education & Skills required
- Third Level graduate, Health and Social Care or equivalent is desirable
- Experience of working in a residential setting is essential.
- Experience of providing appropriate supports to service users with relevant disability and whose behaviour may challenge.
- A champion of Person Centred Planning and Individual Action Plans
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Promote and actively involved in teamwork, creating a nurturing and supportive environment for the service user
- Facilitate and implement a person centered service appropriate to the needs, wishes and requirements of service users.
- Assist service users in the taking of medication in line with policy and procedure.
- Actively participate in appropriate, educational, recreational and occupational programmes, enabling service users to integrate with their local community and access local resources.
- Full clean driving licence is essential.
- To be able to work effectively in a team providing person centered support for service users.
- To be able to maintain the privacy and confidentiality of service users at all times.
- Company Pension – with company contribution
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid paternity leave
- 27 days annual leave
- Bike to work scheme
- Tax saver travel scheme
- Income protection
To view full extensive job description please, click apply to visit our company site and download attachment at the bottom of the page.
Closing Date: Friday, 19th October 2018.
The Rehab Group is an equal opportunity employer