|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||October 11, 2018|
Care Worker for Limerick Autism Respite Service
Permanent, 19.5 Hours
To facilitate a service user focused service to adults with varying disabilities & complex health needs that include, Intellectual Disability, Epilepsy and Parkinson’ Disease
Minimum Education & Skills required
- Minimum of QQI Level 5 in Social Care, or equivalent
- Training in responses to behavior that challenges and medication management
- Work experience with children and their families in a community or own home is essential.
- Skills and knowledge in the areas of Autism, Intellectual Disability, Epilepsy, Mental Health Issues, Physical & Sensory needs, and behavioral interventions.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Facilitate and implement a person centered service appropriate to the needs, wishes and requirements of service users.
- Provide personal assistance in all aspects of personal care and manual handling, ensuring comfort and hygiene of service users and adhering to safe practice at all times.
- Assist service users in the taking of medication in line with policy and procedure.
- Actively participate in appropriate, educational, recreational and occupational programmes, enabling service users to integrate with their local community and access local resources
- To comply with Health and Safety and safeguarding legislation.
- To maintain a basic knowledge of first aid/personal care and to implement good hygiene practices.
- To ensure the privacy and confidentiality of clients at all times.
- Full Clean Drivers Licence is essential
- Company Pension – with company contribution
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid paternity leave
- 27 days annual leave
- Bike to work scheme
- Tax saver travel scheme
- Income protection
To view full extensive job description please, click apply to visit our company site and download attachment at the bottom of the page.
Closing Date: Friday, 19th October 2018.
The Rehab Group is an equal opportunity employer