|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Spaglen, Mallow, Ireland|
|Date Posted||February 9, 2018|
Job Title: Activities Co-Ordinator
Qualifications: Having undertaken a Sonas Training Course or equivalent
Purpose of the Role
- To provide and maintain the highest standard of Activities for our Residents; to enhance, help and support their quality of life while residing in our Nursing Home
- To provide Activities that are both physically & mental stimulating and are aligned to the ability of individual residents.
- To work as an integral part of the Activities team in developing a varied and purposeful weekly Activities plan
- To undertake research and generate new Activity ideas for Brídhaven’s diverse group of residents; Activities that are stimulating, fun, appropriate, and above all safe and will enhances the residents’ experience of Brídhaven Nursing Home.
- Researching local activities and involving Brídhaven within the local community
- To ensure, in consultation with the Senior staff, that all Activities and excursions are risk-assessed and suitable for the age and ability of the group attending.
- To act at all times in a professional manner to visitors, staff and residents within the home.
- To ensure that your own skills and capabilities are maintained in line with best practice by attending training courses as directed.
- To undertake any other duties as required, in order to keep the Nursing Home running smoothly, as delegated by the trained nursing staff or Person in Charge.
- To help maintain a safe environment for staff, residents and visitors, through awareness of health and safety policies and by attending training as required.
- Meeting new residents that come into nursing home and finding out their skills, interests, hobbies, religion etc., to aid with their care and activity participation.
- Preserving the privacy, dignity, respect and choice of residents at all times.
- Strong organisational skills, interpersonal skills, efficient time management skills and a compassionate disposition will be essential for the role.
- Have the ability to source and develop new types of activities. Be aware of and act on suggestions for activities suggested by the residents.
- Must be creative and show initiative in the delivery of activities.
- Fluency in written and verbal English.